activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Jovanovic <ivan.jovano...@gmail.com>
Subject Unexpected EOFException on broker with big Stomp messages
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:28:25 GMT

I have a problem with sending big messages over Stomp.
I have my own PHP Stomp client, ActiveMQ 5.1 on Gentoo Linux, Java 1.6_05

The message I send is ok with its format.
Message content is string 'test' multiplied 10, 100, 1000 and 10000 thousand
times like "testtesttesttesttest...."
For 1,10,100 it works but for 10000 times it throws the exception in the
broker.

DEBUG from the broker says

DEBUG AbstractRegion                 - Adding destination:
topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection
DEBUG Transport                      - Transport failed:
java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:180)
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:152)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompWireFormat.unmarshal(StompWireFormat.java:146)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:203)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:195)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:183)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

And when I send the message withouth "content-length" header I get the same
exception but from read byte method

java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:250)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompWireFormat.readLine(StompWireFormat.java:186)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompWireFormat.unmarshal(StompWireFormat.java:94)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:203)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:195)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:183)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Reading from TCP socket makes the problem in one moment and it receives EOF
before the end of the message

The problem is that I do not send EOF in the middle of the message as
InputStream indicates by throwing exceptions while reading message body.

I'll try to sniff my tcp connection, but if anyone have an idea why this
could be happening please help

Thanks in advance
Ivan