activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Mohammad Reza Selim <seli...@yahoo.com>
Subject Routing algorithm used in Active MQ
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 03:11:00 GMT
Hi,

It would be helpful for my research if
someone could answer my question.

My (theoretical) scenario is that there are, say, 200 branches of an
enterprise around the world. There are many clients (say 100)
running in each branch. Those clients want a messaging service to
communicate among them. One way is to deploy in each branch an Active MQ broker
and let clients of a branch connect the broker in its own branch.  My
question is how the messages from one client will be routed to another
client. I am interested to know the routing mechanism/algorithm and it's
complexity. As there are many clients and each can create it's own queue in the broker, the
roting should really be an
issue here (according to my view).

For your information, MSMQ uses an algorithm called "Binary Reliable Message Routing Algorithm"
which creates a least cost spanning tree among the brokers.

Thanking in advanced.

 Mohammad Reza Selim

Be a better friend, newshound, and