activemq-dev mailing list archives

From khudalla <Kai.Huda...@de.bosch.com>
Subject Re: Handling of RuntimeExceptions in ActiveMQSession.run() method
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 11:55:37 GMT

Rob,

I do understand that you don't want to skip the mechanism in general in
order
to not break any existing code that relies on it.
However, I am only suggesting to remove the connection.onAsyncException()
call in the ActiveMQSession.run() method. The connection that it is called
upon is the one the RA has created in order to receive inbound messages for
MDBs, i.e. the exception listener is guaranteed to be the one registered by
the RA. Thus, no custom code created by developers can be affected by this
since such code cannot get a reference to this connection in order to
register its own exception listener on the connection, right?
Or are you suggesting that the ActiveMQSession.run() method is probably
(mis-)used by developers for purposes other than the RA?

Kai