activemq-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jmdns questions
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2008 17:43:03 GMT

On Apr 6, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Hiram Chirino wrote:

> 3. we could also just not distribute right?

Yes but IIUC this makes it rather iffy for anyone who wants to use
the multicast discovery(?) stuff in activemq -- they have to find the
appropriate jar themselves (which one????) and decipher the licensing
which is far from clear at the moment and figure out how to get it
into the appropriate classpath.  Also use of the javax.jmdns classes
in activemq code might possibly annoy sun.

I already did (2) locally, it only took about 15 minutes.

thanks
david jencks