activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <>
Subject Java Service Wrapper
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 03:57:36 GMT
Something that we might need to look into.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roy T. Fielding <>
Date: Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:20 PM
Subject: Java Service Wrapper

The Java Service Wrapper is being used (and sometimes redistributed) by
many of our Java projects (ActiveMQ, ServiceMix, Geronimo, OFBiz,
It was formerly available under an MIT/BSD style license, as can be seen
in the 3.2.3 version at

More recent versions of the product are currently under dual GPLv2
and commercial licensing.

And yet no mention of its license is found in our documentation.

and the only pages we have that refer to the old version are in Geronimo

If your project is currently distributing or telling users to make use
the Java Service Wrapper, please be sure that we only use the old
version, that our documentation points to the old site, and that when
we do
point folks to (which we should do because
users are not allergic to GPLv2) we should also point out that the newer
versions are under different licenses (GPLv2/commercial).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: