activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Build Failure
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 22:38:13 GMT
Chris-

On Apr 1, 2008, at 1:37 PM, Chris Custine wrote:
> The problem is running the build with -Dmaven.test.skip=true.  This
> causes
> maven to not build the test jars and when you zapped your repo you
> lost some
> old ones that were sitting around and now the build fails.
> Surefire has
> changed recently so depending on which version is being used, you
> can try
> -Dtest=false which is a hack to make the tests compile, but not
> execute
> since you are naming a non-existent test, or if you have the newer
> version
> of Surefire that will cause a build failure in which case you can
> use -
> Dmaven.test.skip.exec=true which allows the tests to compile but
> won't run
> them.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I really appreciate it.  I
reverted my changes and tried to rebuild. -Dtest=false worked.

I also tried -DskipTests, and -Dmaven.test.skip.exec=true and both
still tried to run the tests.

Unfortunately, at least for me, I can't get a successful build *with*
the tests.  Mine always ends up completely hanging up at "Running
org.apache.activemq.security.SimpleSecurityBrokerSystemTest"

Thanks again.

--
Daryl
http://itsallsemantics.com

"I see this as coming down to mutual respect. I want to respect the
others I communicate with enough to tell them my truth without
reservation and I want to respect them enough to listen to their
truth. I want to respect their good intentions enough to believe that
we can work past our disagreements."

     -- Kent Beck, 2006