activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric White" <e...@ericwhite.ca>
Subject SSL Transport configured in wantClientAuth mode never asks for the client certificate during the SSL Handshake
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:07:51 GMT

In testing ActiveMQ 4.1.1 we discovered that the wantClientAuth property for
SSL connections is not respected.  This is due to how the JDK manages
setWantClientAuth and setNeedClientAuth on the SSLServerSocket.

So what I have done is open a Jira item, and created 4 patches.  Two patches
for ActiveMQ 5.0.0, and two for ActiveMQ 4.1.1.  I have verified that the
ActiveMQ 4.1.1 patches solve the issue for us.  And I believe the same issue
appears in ActiveMQ 5.0.0, but I was unable to test it.  In all cases the
patches apply cleanly and compile.

When applying the patches you only need to apply either the 'simple' fix or
the 'complex' fix for the version you care about.

I'm not sure how the process proceeds from here.  If there is something else
that I need to do please let me know.  It would be nice to see this patch
appear in ActiveMQ 5.x code base at some point.

Regards,
Eric