activemq-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Build Failure
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:18:39 GMT

On Apr 1, 2008, at 6:58 AM, Daryl Richter wrote:

> All-
>
> Ok, so I managed to get the trunk of ActiveMQ to build against a
> new repository.  In order to do this, I had to go through all the
> poms and take out the following new elements wherever they appeared:
>
>       <type>test-jar</type>
>
> Why were these elements introduced?  What am i now missing that I
> have removed them?

It looks to me as if they have been there for a long time... they are
in the 4.1 branch for instance.

I suspect they are intended to be <classifier>test</classifier> in
order to pick up test jars produced by the maven-jar-plugin test-jar
goal from other projects/sub-projects.

Which maven version are you using?  Maybe some stricter checking in a
more recent version has started to object to these.

I'll need to fix these shortly in at least the 4.1 branch.  If I can
figure out definitely what is supposed to be going on I'll fix trunk
also.

thanks
david jencks