activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Giacomo Vacca" <giacomo.va...@gmail.com>
Subject C client reconnection mechanism
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:43:53 GMT
Hi All,
I'm working on an application which uses a STOMP C client to connect to an
ActiveMQ server.

My client uses the code - APR based - found here:
http://activemq.apache.org/c-integration.html
In the future I could use the Openwire client.
The client is working correctly, however I can't find a reconnection
mechanism implemented, that is there is no automatic reconnection on server
failure.

Should I implement this on client side or there is a reconnection policy
inside the STOMP or Openwire C libraries?

If I have to implement the reconnectio mechanism on the client, is there any
standard reference available? For example, number of retries, delay betweem
retries, rules to choose the primary rather than the failover server?

Thank you in advance for any help,
Giacomo

--
Giacomo Vacca