activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rob Davies (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Assigned: (AMQ-900) Inconsistent queue browsing and message dequeueing behaviour
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 07:18:43 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-900?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Rob Davies reassigned AMQ-900:
------------------------------

    Assignee: Rob Davies

> Inconsistent queue browsing and message dequeueing behaviour
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMQ-900
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-900
>             Project: ActiveMQ
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: JMS client
>    Affects Versions: 4.0.1
>         Environment: Win2K, java 1.5.0_07-b03
>            Reporter: Ben Hood
>            Assignee: Rob Davies
>             Fix For: 5.2.0
>
>         Attachments: browsing_jms_receiver.7z
>
>
> I am trying to browse a queue in a monitor thread in a non-transactional session. For
each element in the enumeration, I spawn a worker thread to consume a message in non-blocking
fashion from within a transacted session. This works fine for 1 message. The problem is that
when I enqueue more than one message, subsequent calls to receiveNoWait() return null, although
there must be messages in the queue.
> I have created a test case to reproduce this (ActiveMQTestCase) which is part of the
m2 project that I have attached. This can be executed in the normal m2 fashion by running
"mvn test" on the command line.
> This problem originally arose when I was using ActiveMQ 4.0.1 as a JMS transport for
Mule 1.3rc4 and I created a Mule specific message receiver that tried to exploit the non-transactional
browsing and offloading to transactional worker threads strategy that I have implemented in
the test case.
> So to eliminate any interaction from Mule, I used a different JMS provider, and the message
receiver worker fine (with Joram and Weblogic).
> I also tried a 4.1-snaphot of ActiveMQ, but it behaved the same as the 4.0.1 release.
> So then I wrote a test case using pure JMS against ActiveMQ 4.0.1 (see attachment), and
the behaviour is consistent with that what I was getting from within Mule -  the first message
gets consumed properly, then subsequent messages don't get dequeued.
> Therefore I think this may be an issue with ActiveMQ.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message