activemq-dev mailing list archives

From hagai <ha...@liveperson.com>
Subject leak on SSL handshake failure?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:06:11 GMT

Hi,
I am using an activemq 4.1.1 broker behind a load balancer, which is not JMS
aware. I am using the ssl transport.
The load balancer needs to check if the broker is alive, so every once in a
while it opens a TCP connection to the broker's SSL port and sees if it gets
a response. It doesn't send any SSL negotiation packets so the SSL handshake
fails. afterwards in tries to gracefully close the socket, but the broker
never closes it's side of the connection.

I noticed this leaves a lot of hanging threads - they are created in
ManagedTransportConnector.createConnection (line 56). I think the root of
the problem is in TransportConnector, line 147. in case there is a failure
in the connection.start call the connection will be left open (correct me if
I am wrong here).

Was this fixed in later versions?

Thanks,
Hagai.