activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Jovanovic <ivan.jovano...@gmail.com>
Subject Starting ActiveMQ web console problem
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:43:42 GMT

Hi guys,

I have a problem with starting ActiveMQ web console. I have this
configuration

<!-- tilllate Stomp Configuration -->
<beans
  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.org/config/1.0"
  http://activemq.org/config/1.0
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/activemq-core.xsd
  http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">

  <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this configuration
file -->
  <bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

  <broker xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0" brokerName="localhost"
persistent="true" useShutdownHook="false"
dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">

    <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <!-- Allow persistent messages -->
    <persistenceAdapter>
      <amqPersistenceAdapter directory="${activemq.base}/activemq-data"
maxFileLength="32mb"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

  </broker>

  <!-- An embedded servlet engine for serving up the Admin console -->
  <jetty xmlns="http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0">
    <connectors>
      <nioConnector port="993" />
    </connectors>

    <handlers>
      <webAppContext contextPath="/admin"
resourceBase="${activemq.base}/webapps/admin" logUrlOnStart="true" />
    </handlers>
  </jetty>

</beans>

And when I comment out <jetty></jetty> part it starts ok. But when I try to
run the console it throws WARN with exception

WARN  log                            - failed
org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector$1@d19cdf
java.io.IOException: Function not implemented

I'm trying to run on Gentoo, linux kernel 2.6.11, Sun-JDK 1.6.0.05

I read about the new NIO implementation in linux kernel 2.6 and support for
it in Java 1.6 but probably it should be no problem. I presume that there is
some fallback to proper NIO protocol.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Cheers,
Ivan