activemq-dev mailing list archives

From chicagoclimber <chicagoclim...@gmail.com>
Subject How many destinations can one subscription have?
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 02:34:46 GMT

Hi,

I've been looking through the code trying to understand the overall
architecture of the application --- and I came across something that seems
somewhat inconsistent.

>From what I understand, one subscription
(org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractSubscription) can be added to
multiple physical destinations
(org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Destination) by using wildcards in the
name of the destination (org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQDestination).
When new consumer is added (AbstractRegion.addConsumer()), the same
subscription object is added to multiple matching destinations. Now, in
r635682, rajdavies added destination property to AbstractSubscription. This
destination is the physical destination, not ActiveMQDestination. This
doesn't seem to make sense ... at least not to me. Can someone explain this?

Thanks!
-sergey