activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Build Failure
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:33:12 GMT
David-

On Apr 1, 2008, at 11:18 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2008, at 6:58 AM, Daryl Richter wrote:
>
>> All-
>>
>> Ok, so I managed to get the trunk of ActiveMQ to build against a
>> new repository.  In order to do this, I had to go through all the
>> poms and take out the following new elements wherever they appeared:
>>
>>       <type>test-jar</type>
>>
>> Why were these elements introduced?  What am i now missing that I
>> have removed them?
>
> It looks to me as if they have been there for a long time... they
> are in the 4.1 branch for instance.
>
> I suspect they are intended to be <classifier>test</classifier> in
> order to pick up test jars produced by the maven-jar-plugin test-
> jar goal from other projects/sub-projects.
>
> Which maven version are you using?  Maybe some stricter checking in
> a more recent version has started to object to these.

Thanks for the response.  I did recently upgrade maven to 2.0.8,
perhaps that's it?

I build AMQ off the trunk every week.  I wasn't having any problems
until I dumped my .m2/repository.

--
Daryl
http://itsallsemantics.com

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns, will not be discouraged."
     -- Colonel Henry Knox, 1776