activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Minimalist transport for J2ME and C
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:47:58 GMT
On 24/03/2008, PjEr <pierredavidbelanger@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>  Good news, everyone! (or may be not)
>
>  First of all, sorry for my English, I usually write/speak in French.
>  Second of all, boys I love ActiveMQ!

Welcome! :)

>  To the point:
>
>  I am developing and using a custom binary transport/wireformat for activemq
>  that I developed.
>  I have called it 'mini' (ie: mini://somehost:62626) (I am open to suggestion
>  for the name)
>  In any case, lets call it 'mini'.
>
>  What I have in mind:
>
>  'mini' will lack the ability to be client side (mini://somehost:62626 into
>  an activemq ConnectionFactory for example will not work), but I dont care
>  since the client sides will be J2ME and C.

Cool

>  'mini' clients will supports:
>  - only one clientid/connection to the server at a time
>  - only one session per connection
>  - many producers per session (one producer = one destination)
>  - many consumers per session (one consumer = one destination + one message
>  selector)
>  - only 'client acknowledge'
>  - no transactions
>
>  What is done:
>
>  - The server side transport (TcpTransportFactory + WireFormat +
>  TransportFilter) si done, along with somes test cases
>  - J2SE simple client (without JMS API) (working draft)
>  - J2ME client (working draft)
>  - C client based on the great APR lib (it is not realy done, but it is in my
>  head :))
>
>  What I need:
>
>  - I need to know at first if I am in the wrong way.
>
>  - if not, I need more picky informations on the inside working of activemq,
>  like:
>
>  - what is the ConnectionInfo.brokerMasterConnector property used for ?
>  - what is the ConnectionInfo.manageable property used for ?
>  - what is the ConnectionInfo.clientMaster property used for ?
>  - what are the mandatory properties in ActiveMQ*Message for inbound command
>  (client -> activemq) ?
>  - what are the mandatory properties in MessageAck for inbound command ?
>

>  Please tell me, I you want spare some time, what you think about this 'mini'
>  transport connector.

Its an interesting idea. I guess another approach could be you could
reuse OpenWire as is and just use a subset of it?

Another idea, if you want to make a really small, minimal client for
mobile is to use the STOMP protocol? Then you don't need to worry too
much about parsing bits and bytes - just dealing with STOMP payloads
would do the trick?

--
James
-------