activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 5.0 + Spring and EOFException
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:15:36 GMT
On 10/03/2008, Serge Sozonoff <> wrote:
> Hi James,
>  Thanks that seems to work.... but I must admit that I have this un-easy
>  feeling about why I am seeing this error in the first place.
>  As mentioned I see this on two different servers (DEV and QA) both
>  running a recent version of Linux.
>  We are running under JRockit JVM
>  The client and broker are both on the same machine (in both cases (DEV
>  and QA)) so there really should not be any network failures.
>  The EOFException appears on a fairly regular basis, and now I see a
>  reconnect event just after...
>  Not sure what could be causing this in the first place. Could it be
>  something to do with JRockit??

Another workaround could be to disable the inactivity timeout

I think in 5.0.0 there's been some gremlins in the inactivity timeout
code causing it to sometimes be to aggressive at closing down sockets
that are not actually dead - AFAIK they've been fixed in trunk now

Open Source Integration

View raw message