activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Queue performance from recent changes
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 11:41:37 GMT
On 06/03/2008, David Sitsky <sits@nuix.com> wrote:
> I am sure it will be application-dependent, so making it a policy makes
>  a lot of sense.  For my application, I only have a pending size of 1
>  since each work item's processing requirements can vary tremendously.

I wonder could the same code be smart enough to work in the 2
different modes based on the prefetch size?

i.e. use the default if the consumers's prefetch size is > 100 or
something or use David's approach if its smaller

If not then using destination policies sounds fine to me; just
wondered if we could be smart enough to use the right policy based on
the consumer configuration?

--
James
-------