activemq-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject ActiveMQ 4.1.2? 4.2? ActiveIO 3.1? releases
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:41:58 GMT
Geronimo is still using ActiveMQ 4 and I've applied patches for or
fixed a few bugs that are fairly important for getting MDBS working
reliably and fixing other problems.  So, I'd like to get a release
out of the 4.x branch for the upcoming Geronimo 2.1.1 release.

I've looked through the jiras for 4.x and applied the patches for
ones that I had a clue about.  If anyone else wants something fixed
in 4.x please speak up.

ActiveIO trunk has a fix that we'd like (don't put non-strings in
system properties) so I'd like to release ActiveIO 3.1 also.  Since
that requires java 5 I'd like to update activemq 4 to use java 5 also
(I've tried and this is easy to do).  What's the community feeling on
this?  Is this a real no-no?  Would it be better to have the version
4.2 and preserve 4.1.x for java 1.4 work?

I'd like to also update the poms to use more modern maven release
procedures as well.... I haven't looked into this much yet and will
post further when I do.

thanks
david jencks