activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vikram.dha...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject AMQ5.0 stable release got hung - urgent help needed to understand what happened.
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 06:41:59 GMT
Hi,

Today I got the following message on my AMQ Server logs, since then the
server was all stuck and there was no client was able to connect to the
server.  It broke my whole production system. Can some one please help
me understand what happened here? There were not too many connections
open at that time. I have Java openwire and C++ STOMP clients. My C++
clients connect and disconnect every 15 seconds to look for more work;
my Java OpenWire clients stay connected and create consumers every
Minute to poll for the new messages.

Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport Server: stomp://localhost:61619"
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

        at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)

        at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:574)

        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector$1.onAccept(TransportConnec
tor.java:160)

        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransportServer.run(TcpTransportSer
ver.java:213)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Also:

I get this following WARN message every now and then in my AMQ server
logs. I am using AMQ5.0 stable release.

2008-03-04 02:31:51,635 [.16.68.85:56153] WARN  TransportConnection
- Failed to add Connection

javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: localhost - Client:
WRK_XXXXXXX03_15354 already connected from /172.16.68.85:56039

        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addConnection(RegionBroke
r.java:205)

        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:
81)

        at
org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.addConnection(AdvisoryBroker
.java:72)

        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:
81)

        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConnection(MutableBrok
erFilter.java:91)

        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConnection(Tran
sportConnection.java:657)

        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedTransportConnection.processAddConn
ection(ManagedTransportConnection.java:86)

        at
org.apache.activemq.command.ConnectionInfo.visit(ConnectionInfo.java:125
)

        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnecti
on.java:281)

        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConn
ection.java:178)

        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.
java:67)

        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompTransportFilter.sendToActiveMQ(
StompTransportFilter.java:79)

        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.sendToActiveMQ(Pro
tocolConverter.java:120)

        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.onStompConnect(Pro
tocolConverter.java:424)

        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.onStompCommad(Prot
ocolConverter.java:155)

        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompTransportFilter.onCommand(Stomp
TransportFilter.java:69)

        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSuppor
t.java:83)

        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:1
85)

        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:172
)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Vik