activemq-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 4.1.2? 4.2? ActiveIO 3.1? releases
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 05:28:00 GMT

On Mar 25, 2008, at 7:41 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Yep, I'd like to see those fixes in 2.1.1, but maybe an ActiveMQ
> 4.1.2 release that still supports Java 1.4 for existing stand-alone
> ActiveMQ users would be the best way to go for now.

I didn't really consider moving to java 5 (which involves only
replacing the backport-concurrent classes with the
java.util.concurrent classes) until I picked up the activeio-3.1-
SNAPSHOT fix which has already moved definitively to java 5.  So I
have no problem calling the activemq version 4.2 but keeping a java
1.4 compatibility for activemq won't let you use it on java 1.4 due
to the activeio changes.

I should have thought of and mentioned this in the original post...

thanks
david jencks