activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Sozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 5.0 + Spring and EOFException
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:53:18 GMT
Hi James,

Thanks that seems to work.... but I must admit that I have this un-easy
feeling about why I am seeing this error in the first place.
As mentioned I see this on two different servers (DEV and QA) both
running a recent version of Linux.
We are running under JRockit JVM

The client and broker are both on the same machine (in both cases (DEV
and QA)) so there really should not be any network failures.
The EOFException appears on a fairly regular basis, and now I see a
reconnect event just after...

Not sure what could be causing this in the first place. Could it be
something to do with JRockit??

Thanks for your help,
Serge

James Strachan wrote:
> Then I recommend you enable failover. Failover is a client side
> configuration option that protects you against dropped sockets...
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-support-auto-reconnection.html
>

> On 10/03/2008, Serge Sozonoff <serge@sozonoff.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi James,
>>
>>  No, we are not using any failover.
>>  This is an "out of the box" ActiveMQ install and its happening on two
>>  seperate servers under ZERO load.
>>  We have disabled autodiscovery on both server so the two brokers should
>>  not be aware of each other.
>>
>>  We have also tested with Iona Fuse 5.0.0.9 and experience the same issue.
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>  Serge
>>

>>  James Strachan wrote:
>>  > It just looks like the sockets are failing - are you using failover?
>>  >
>>  > On 10/03/2008, ssozonoff <serge@sozonoff.com> wrote:
>>  >
>>  >>  Hi All,
>>  >>
>>  >>  We are experiencing a serious issue where after "some time passes" our
>>  >>  Spring driven application stops processing our queue's. Once we restart
our
>>  >>  application server the queue gets processed again. We are using the standard
>>  >>  Spring mechanism for this with Spring 2.5.2 (SimpleMessageListenerContainer)
>>  >>
>>  >>  Currently we are not sure if this is a Spring or ActiveMQ related issue.
>>  >>  The only "hint" we have at the moment are entries like the following
>>  >>  appearing in out log files once and a while. Strangely these are flagged
as
>>  >>  "WARN"...
>>  >>
>>  >>  I did see a few issues in Jira somewhat related with some fixes having
be
>>  >>  introduced in ActiveMQ 5.1 snapshot but this is not an option for us.
We