activemq-dev mailing list archives

From markl16 <>
Subject ActiveMQ failover suggesstions
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:34:58 GMT

Hi Guys,

Just a question about the standard practice with failover.
I am currently testing AciveMQ 5 reading and writing TextMessages to
numerous queues with no problem as well as using a messageListner.
Now at the moment if my activeMQ connection throws an exception as the
connection is closed or a message cant be delivered due to the session being
closed my application has no way of reconnecting the session. I was just
thinking of trying to reconnect to the queue if an exception is thrown from
within a catch block or is there a better way of doing this??

Perhaps is there a way to prob a queue to see if it is active without having
to write to it or connect to it?