activemq-dev mailing list archives

From ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com>
Subject ActiveMQ 5.0 + Spring and EOFException
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:27:26 GMT

Hi All,

We are experiencing a serious issue where after "some time passes" our
Spring driven application stops processing our queue's. Once we restart our
application server the queue gets processed again. We are using the standard
Spring mechanism for this with Spring 2.5.2 (SimpleMessageListenerContainer)

Currently we are not sure if this is a Spring or ActiveMQ related issue.
The only "hint" we have at the moment are entries like the following
appearing in out log files once and a while. Strangely these are flagged as
"WARN"...

I did see a few issues in Jira somewhat related with some fixes having be
introduced in ActiveMQ 5.1 snapshot but this is not an option for us. We
need to be in production in about a month.

10 Mar 2008 10:34:49,998 62735 [ActiveMQ Transport:
tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616] WARN
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection  - Async exception with no exception
listener: java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
        at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:268)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:192)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:184)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:172)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
10 Mar 2008 10:35:10,409 100976 [ActiveMQ Transport:
tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616] WARN
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection  - Async exception with no exception
listener: java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
        at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:268)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:192)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:184)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:172)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Thanks for any ideas,

Serge