activemq-dev mailing list archives

From David Sitsky <s...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: Optimising PrefetchSubscription.dispatchPending() ideas
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 03:08:52 GMT
Rob and I did some performance enhancements with queues so that a
Queue.send() call was decoupled from the dispatch processing.  In the
past, depending on the state of the consumers, a Queue.send() call could
take a significant amount of time.  We changed it so that a single
thread was responsible for dispatching messages, which avoided a lot of
lock contention.  It also meant a Queue.send() returned as quickly as
possible.

I imagine a similar change could be done for Topics, since from what I
can tell, a Topic.send() call currently does its dispatch processing in
the same call.

Cheers,
David

--