activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Tindell <teresa_tind...@dcf.state.fl.us>
Subject BindException
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:01:26 GMT

What are some common causes of BindException (Cannot assign requested
address: JVM_Bind) trying to run a boker?  If I bind to
tcp//localhost:61616, it works fine but when I try to bind to another
machine, I get the BindException.  What configuration is required on the
computer I am trying to bind to?

        BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
        broker.setUseJmx(true);
        broker.addConnector("tcp://ids:61616");
        broker.start();

        // now lets wait forever to avoid the JVM terminating immediately
        Object lock = new Object();
        synchronized (lock) {
            lock.wait();
        }