activemq-dev mailing list archives

From vjarnot <voytek.jar...@maxwell.af.mil>
Subject ActiveMQMessageTransformation.copyProperties NullPointerException
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 23:56:00 GMT

Is there any reason that org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageTransformation
copyProperties method doesn't check for null before calling
setObjectProperty(...)?

This is causing null pointer exceptions for us when trying to bridge
Oracle's AQ with ActiveMQ - Oracle returns a value of null for JMSXGroupSeq
(and maybe others, that's the first one that causes the failure).

Since passing a null to setObjectProperty appears to inevitably fail (null
pointer thrown from TypeConversionSupport.convert(...)) why not check for
null and not call setObjectProperty?

TypeConversionSupport even has an assert line that seems to indicate the
value should never be null, but calling code (ActiveMQMessageTransformation
in my case) doesn't prevent that from happening.

It seems that in order to get this bridge to work, we're going to have to
patch ActiveMQMessageTransformation - or does anyone have a better idea?