activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Mohammad Reza Selim <seli...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: More on Broker Network
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 04:07:48 GMT
In other words, I just want to the dispatch algorithm [http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-distributed-queues-work.html].

Selim

----- Original Message ----
From: Mohammad Reza Selim <selimbd@yahoo.com>
To: dev@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 12:22:28 PM
Subject: Re: More on Broker Network

Hi,
Hiram Chirino, thanks for your help.
I browsed the source code, it would really good if I could understand
 most of them. Right now I only need to know one thing, if you could let
 it know me, lot of my time would be saved.
I need to know how routing is performed in a network of clusters. I
 just assume that in a large scale system there may have many clusters with
 numerous destinations. If one msg is sent to a particular destination
 (POINT TO POINT), how it is routed from the source broker(in a cluster)
 to the destination broker (in another cluster) via a number of
 intermediate clusters. I understand that a store-and-forward method is used.
 But what is the strategy to select the next hop of a msg? what is the
 size of the routing table?

Selim