activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From JRadecki <jrade...@divinvest.com>
Subject Re: [jira] Commented: (AMQ-1490) Deadlocks (with JUnit tests)
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:42:20 GMT

"running into a deadlock etc."
First, let me say ACTIVEMQ 5.1.0 Is GREAT!

Now for some free information:

I have been working on a RT/SOA w/ActiveMQ for the past few months, under
very heavy performance load, w/many queues and many competing
consumers,producers, and such; AMQ5.0&&AMQ5.1 will deadlock.

After much pain, and re-configuring; I can say for ceratin WHAT FIXED THE
PROBLEM FOR ME :)'.  I noticed
the Journals would never get past 3-6 iterations of 32MB.  I started
planning with the pendingQueuePolicy
and noticed once I switched the queues to a fileQueueCursor, everything
works perfect now!  I have
presented an example below.  I would think a simple junit will produce
similar results; sorry, I would like to make one; moreover deadlines and
such.  Anyway; Great work, and I really enjoy your
product the more I work w/it.
Best regards
JRadecki



          <policyEntry
queue="my.queue.name.none.of.your.businessConsumerFactory"
producerFlowControl="false" memoryLimit="10mb">
            <dispatchPolicy>
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
            </dispatchPolicy>
            <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
              <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
            </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
            <deadLetterStrategy>
              <individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ."/>
            </deadLetterStrategy>
            <pendingQueuePolicy>
            	<fileQueueCursor />
            </pendingQueuePolicy>
          </policyEntry>



-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/-jira--Created%3A-%28AMQ-1490%29-Deadlocks-%28with-JUnit-tests%29-tp13702734s2354p14605939.html
Sent from the ActiveMQ - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message