activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Message transforming on broker
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:40:00 GMT
I personally think that a STOMP client should request a transformation
strategy.  For example on a subscribe, he could do

SUBSCRIBE
destination: /queue/foo
transformation: jms-json
ack: client

And on the reverse side, The send could look like:

SEND
destination:/queue/a
transformation: jms-json

["Hello World",1]
^@

And have the Stomp transport handle those "transformation" headers by
looking up the "jms-json" transformation in the spring context.  This
would allow the broker to have extensible transformations.  And the
looked up object would just need to implement the following interface:

http://activemq.apache.org/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/transport/stomp/FrameTranslator.html

Just need to find someone who is willing to take a stab at enhancing
the stomp transport so that it does those "transfromation" header
handling logic.  And add a few more interesting implementations of
FrameTranslator.

Regards,
Hiram

--