activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dejan Bosanac" <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: Message transforming on broker
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:54:29 GMT
And now to continue :) .... sorry about this ...

> I was thinking recently if there should be a configurable support for
> message transforming on the broker level. For example, one use case
> would be to do XML/Object transformation of all messages
> received/transmitted through the Stomp protocol.

 I guess now that Camel is integrated in AMQ it could be achieved
through message translators

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/message-translator.html

but maybe a support for some kind of transport listeners, could be
handy in these kind of situations.

The client-side transformers could not be used since they are tied to
consumers/produces but some sort of lightweight interface for this
purpose could be provided.

To me it seems that transport listeners are the place where this can
be done easily, but someone with more experience with AMQ architecture
could provide a better suggestion (of course if it is worth doing it
at all).

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac