activemq-dev mailing list archives

From EricMeena <>
Subject ActiveMQ v5.0.0 Performance issue
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 01:09:58 GMT

I was to a point where the AMQ performance was really impressive, but when I
added some AMQ message storage configurations, the performance becomes
questionable, I think I am combining wrong properties:

I have two JMS clients(producer & receiver), I am sending about 10,000
messages (500KB each) and receiving them on the other side.
This is what I am using:
- MS Windows XP Pro, Version 2002, SP2, Core(TM)2 CPU, T 7200 @ 2.00GHz,
1.66 GHz, 1.99 GB of RAM
- ActiveMQ v5
- My JMS clients use a spring JmsTemplate and a listenerContainer. (For
connectionFactory, I am using this:
- I am configuring the message storage within the default AMQ broker
configuration file (activemq.xml) as follows:

        <amqPersistenceAdapter directory="C:/ActiveMQ/ActiveMQ_Storage"
archiveDataLogs="true" syncOnWrite="true"/>

Everything was fine until I added the sycOnWrite="true", I could send and
consume up 17 messages per second. With this prop added, the sending itself
becomes a little slow, but reading gets worse. The sender finishes its job
while the consumer is not even half done. This led to a performance of 1
message per second.
I added few properties to fix this (like persistentIndex and indexBinSize),
none helped the situation.

Any idea? What is wrong here?

Thanks in advance.