activemq-dev mailing list archives

From eddie_epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP connector problems
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 16:25:36 GMT

We have been working with ActiveMQ for about a year, mostly with the tcp
connector from both Java and C++, and overall are very impressed with its
flexibility and performance.

However, we have found what look like fundamental problems with the http
connector: message size limited to 64K bytes and message content problems
with multibyte characters. We submitted something to the activemq-user
mailing list last July, and then created a jira issue with patches for these
two problems (https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1319), but there
has been no feedback on either entry. Recently we have run into other http
connector related issues, but these are not as easy to understand or fix.

Feedback on these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Eddie Epstein