activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Namespace Reorg
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 14:20:32 GMT
Hi Jim,

Actually, I was working on the dependency problem last yesterday /
last night.  I went with the solution that has been working for us
very well in the Java space.  And that's using a maven style remote
repository to store deployed artifacts.

I've updated the nant builds so that they auto download the
dependencies from the 'remote' repository to the local repository.
And then the compilers use the files installed to the local
repository.  Right now the 'remote' repository is pointing at:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/nant-repo/
And the local repository defaults to being $HOME/.nant/repository

All the nant builds now support a install, install-all, deploy, and
deploy-all targets.  The default target is install-all.  This compiles
and the copies the results to the local repository so that they can be
used by other modules that you need to build next.

I wish the deploy target could install the artifacts to the remote
repository but right now it's just copies them to a directory you
specify using the -D:nant.deploy.repo=/path argument on the command
line.  Then you have to rsync that directory up to the remote repo.
Perhaps we can automate this bit too.

Please try it out and let me know what you think.

Regards,
Hiram

--
Regards,