activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: NMS Provider for Tibco EMS?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:58:58 GMT
Hi Jim,

On 9/28/07, semog <e.semog@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I figured out what the problem was, and believe that the new code is
> pretty stable.  At least it's functional, anyway! :)  I have created a new
> issue [AMQNET-68] to track this change.

Cool!  Please make sure you attach the Apache License headers on all
your source files before you attach them to the issue.

> Since this is a fairly significant modification, and includes several new
> files plus a new project assembly, what is the most practical approach to
> contributing it?  I have coded this new addition against my code base, which

I would this it in a separate build module / and VS project to since
it does add the new tibco dependency.  We should probably separate the
other modules too so that they are independently versioned.  The base
NMS interfaces has been looking stable and I don't think it should
need many releases at all.

> has really started to diverge from the main trunk.  I have logged several
> bugs, and contributed patches for them, and they are all included in my
> codebase.  One of the more significant changes is the changing of namespaces
> [AMQNET-31], and a corresponding change made was changing the name of the
> assembly files.  I changed the assembly names to include 'Apache' at the
> beginning (e.g., NMS.DLL is now Apache.NMS.DLL, NMS.ActiveMQ.dll is now
> Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.dll).  This became important to differentiate the Apache
> assemblies from the TIBCO assembly.  The new assembly is named
> Apache.NMS.TIBCO.DLL.

Seems odd.  Would NMS.TIBCO.DLL been hard to differentiate?  I'd hate
to go changing assembly names at this point.  Lots of assembly names
don't seem to prefix the assembly with the organization.  I think we
should just follow suite.

> I also removed the vs2005-stomp.vcproj from the solution.  This project is
> only needed by the vs2005-stomp-test.vcproj.  To replace it, I added a new
> file in the vs2005-stomp-test.vcproj that will instantiate the proper
> ConnectionFactory for all of the STOMP unit tests.
>
> The gist is, how would you like the changes?  I am using Perforce to track
> all of my changes, and I can generate a diff against the current trunk, but
> it will include patches for several other bugs.  I also don't know how to
> show the removal of files.

How about you send us a diff.   Hopefully there are JIRA issues
associated with the major changes to the current stuff.  And then a
zip of the new tibco module..  Attach the stuff to your issue.

> I would like to get these changes out there for others to start playing
> with.  Once I have passed on this batch of changes, I will add another
> project for the unit test support for this new component.  It will be
> modeled after the STOMP unit tests.

Awesome Jim!