activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <>
Subject Re: embedded broker features
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:58:45 GMT
There is no difference - the standalone and embedded broker are the
same. What we can do for connivence - is start/stop an embedded
broker as part of the vm:// transport. However, there is nothing to
stop you starting a broker in your app - and connecting to it
directly (in which case it's not controlled by the life-cycle of the
connecting client(s). A lot of our test cases work this way - e.g.

look at the createBroker() method