activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Teemu Torma <te...@torma.org>
Subject Re: activemq-cpp and ssl support
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 01:27:44 GMT
On Tuesday 16 October 2007, Nathan Mittler wrote:
> We haven't begun work on it as of yet.  We've been putting it off
> because we were waiting for official ssl support in apr.  By the
> looks of things, ssl support is still only in their trunk.

I know the goal is to use apr for service abstraction.  It would be nice
if someone with more knowledge of it give a shot from configuration
point of view.  I think subversion has support to use either installed
or "embedded" version of it.

We definitely have need to use apr in the build tree without installing
it first.

> From the user perspective, we want all of the SSL configuration
> embedded in the connection uri (e.g.
> "ssl://localhost:12121?sslProperty1=yadda").

That came to my mind initially, technically the easiest thing to do.

The client key and certificate might be different for each connection
and not directly related to connection itself.  The ugly bit is that
you would need to pass paths to local filenames in the uri and often,
in practice, construct them on fly.  Something else might be nicer, but
I don't know what.

I don't have any strong feelings either way, just what seems right.  Any
good arguments?

Teemu