activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Fabien Bruce <...@carvino.com>
Subject Why not including an html adaptator for jmx ?
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:06:49 GMT

Hello,

I'm using Activemq in a production environnement and it's a very good
product.
One of the main issue is to monitor the product, get informations about the
queues and so on, but it's rather not rationnal to make cron scripts use the
query command which launches a jvm.
Why not setting an htmladaptator in the jmx registered beans to get in html
the browsing of the jmx components and to be able to do few shell scripts to
get the QueueSize for example ?

That's what I have done with jmxtools.jar and few adds in
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext.java and it works very well

Thanks.
Fabien