activemq-dev mailing list archives

From eldictson <eldict...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: createTopic & createQueue behavior different than JMS AP
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:18:26 GMT

It seems as though ActiveMQ implements these method calls differently from
the JMS API.  Reading the API description I get the impression that, when
using createTopic() or createQueue(),  the topics and queues should not
actually be physically created for other JMS users to see but rather to
create a topic object from a topic that has already been administratively
created in the broker.  The way ActiveMQ implements the calls however, is
that a topic actually gets created for other JMS users to see and pub/sub
to.  It seems as though ActiveMQ implements these methods the way the API
describes the createTemporaryTopic() should be implemented.  Am I not
undertanding something here?