activemq-dev mailing list archives

From cmaxo <cm...@engineer.com>
Subject activemq-cpp getStringProperty
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:22:15 GMT

I'm using the activemq c++ 2.0 client to produce and consume a message to and
from an activemq 4.1 server.  When I produce a message I set a property like
this:

textMessage->setStringProperty((const char*)key, (const char*)value);

where key and value are valid strings and the textMessage variable is a
valid TextMessage.  Using wireshark, I see the string properties go to the
mq server as header properties in a tcp packet.

However, when I read the message and ask for the same property an exception
is thrown which I catch as a CMSException which indicates: "property not
available in message".  I get the text of the message ok but I can never
query for properties.

My question is what am I doing wrong but along those lines I have a few
others.  I'm using the stomp protocol, should I be using another?  I'm using
TextMessages, should I be using ByteMessages?  Do I need to setup the
ActiveMQ server with any additional configuration in order to pass those
message properties along?  This occurs with any property I try to set.  Any
information or pointer to documentation that explains this is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Corey