activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Nicky Sandhu <karajd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Usage Manager for durable offline subscriber
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:06:28 GMT

I have been trying to reproduce it in a unit test. No luck so far :( I have
hunch its the client disconnections and reconnections without a proper
session.close

It would be great to have Usage exposed via MBeans. Any plans to do that?

IMHO, reference counting is extremely difficult to implement especially when
increment and decrements are async. Any other strategies under consideration
?

rajdavies wrote:

> oops - that's the latest- must drink coffee before reading email ;)
> Any chance of a test case ?
>
> cheers,
>
> Rob
>
> rajdavies wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nicky,
>>
>> which version is that?
>>

>> cheers,
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/
>>

>> On Oct 5, 2007, at 1:17 AM, Nicky Sandhu wrote:
>>

>>> On revision 581885 I turned on debug messages on Usage.java and the
>>> commented
>>> lines of System.out on Message.java and I see the memory usage
>>> increase
>>> beyond 100% to something like 16500%. This causes a problem for the
>>> next
>>> thing that calls Usage.waitForSpace(timeout) and causes an
>>> indefinite hang
>>>
>>> The Usage.increaseUsage(value) does not check to see if it's full
>>> and so can
>>> keep allocating even beyond 100%. This seems to be happening a lot
>>> from
>>> Message.incrementReferenceCount() with no corresponding