activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Nicky Sandhu <karajd...@gmail.com>
Subject Usage Manager for durable offline subscriber
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 00:17:17 GMT

On revision 581885 I turned on debug messages on Usage.java and the commented
lines of System.out on Message.java and I see the memory usage increase
beyond 100% to something like 16500%. This causes a problem for the next
thing that calls Usage.waitForSpace(timeout) and causes an indefinite hang

The Usage.increaseUsage(value) does not check to see if it's full and so can
keep allocating even beyond 100%. This seems to be happening a lot from
Message.incrementReferenceCount() with no corresponding
Message.decrementReferenceCount() happening.

In my case it happens when a publishing to a topic (~ 1000 msgs) with a
offline durable subscribe with multiple hard disconnects from the
subscriber.