activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tim.b...@sensis.com>
Subject Help with the Openwire Generator tool
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:47:29 GMT

I've been messing around today trying to get the Openwire Generator
working on my Linux box with AMQ CPP and kept getting the error shown
below, however after a few hours of digging I found a reference to
problems with the tools.jar in 1.6 as apposed to 1.5.  So since I'm
using JDK 1.6 I reconfigured my pom.xml in AMQ-CPP to point to tools.jar
from a JDK 1.5 directory and everything started working again.

Have you guys seen anything like this before?

[INFO] Executing tasks
Parsing source files
in: /home/tabish/dev/activemq/activemq-trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error:
org.codehaus.jam.internal.javadoc.JavadocClassloadingException: An error
has occurred while invoking javadoc to inspect your source
files.  This may be due to the fact that $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar does
not seem to be in your system classloader.  One common case in which
this happens is when using the 'ant' tool, which uses a special
context classloader to load classes from tools.jar.

This situation elicits what is believed to a javadoc bug in the initial
release of JDK 1.5.  Javadoc attempts to use its own context classloader
tools.jar but ignores one that may have already been set, which leads
to some classes being loaded into two different classloaders.  The
telltale sign of this problem is a javadoc error message saying that
'languageVersion() must return LanguageVersion - you might see this
message in your process' output.

This will hopefully be fixed in a later release of JDK 1.5; if a new
version of 1.5 has become available, you might be able to solve this
by simply upgrading to the latest JDK.

Alternatively, you can work around it by simply including
$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar in the java -classpath
parameter.  If you are running ant, you will need to modify the standard
ant script to include tools.jar in the -classpath.

Regards
Tim