activemq-dev mailing list archives

From StefanL <stefan_...@yahoo.se>
Subject Conections, sessions and threads
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 06:37:44 GMT

Could anyone confirm my findings or is this a bug/misuse I am experiencing.

Assume you have a consumer that handles messages from a producer.
This consumer also sends heartbeats to some surveillance service at regular
intervals.

A producer sends messages to this consumer in such a pace that the amq
broker queue
gets full and producer throttling starts, usagemanager.waitforspace, 100%
etc.

Now if a heartbeat is sent while the producer is temporarily blocked
everything stops!?
The consumer handles the already received 1000 messages (prefetch) but is
not given any
more since the broker thinks that messages are not acknowledged, though it
seems so..

Why is the message dispatching stopped in this case / messages not being
acknowledged?

The consumer has one connection, two threads and two sessions.

Regards /Stefan

ps. more info:
http://www.nabble.com/Producer-and-consumer-hangs-with-specific-scenario-tf4492569s2354.html

ds.