activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Edwin Wong <ed...@atlassian.com>
Subject Sending large files with JMS Streams
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 01:52:25 GMT

Hi there,

I am trying to send large files over ActiveMQ using JMS streams. However, I
am seeing an interesting issue with the broker running out of memory if the
consumer does not pick up the stream quick enough. I was just wondering if
there are any ways to set the memory limit on the broker, and for the
producer to block until more space is available? Has anyone ever run into
this issue? What solutions are there?

On a related note, I have looked at the BlobMessage API in 5.0-SNAPSHOT, but
that requires an out-of-band transfer, which is not what I am looking for.
Is there anyway to use BlobMessages in-band?

Thanks.