activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Albert Strasheim" <full...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VS2005 Project Issues
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:27:16 GMT
Hello

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Wood" <ed.wood@trx.com>
To: <dev@activemq.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 4:39 PM
Subject: VS2005 Project Issues

> I have downloaded and built the activemq-cpp 2.1 code, but I am not
> getting a
> DLL created. Also, the LIB file created is libactivemq-cppd.lib, and I
> cannot get it to link properly when attemptiing to use it in a project.

Note that the solution has 4 build configurations: Debug, DebugDLL, Release
and ReleaseDLL.

Debug builds libactivemq-cppd.lib.
Release builds libactivemq-cpp.lib.
DebugDLL builds activemq-cppd.dll and activemq-cppd.lib.
ReleaseDLL builds activemq-cpp.dll and activemq-cpp.lib.

Please provide some more info about your linking problems (an error message
would be useful). One possible issue might be you're mixing debug and
release code. This should be avoided, as this will lead to problems (like
crashes when memory gets freed by the wrong runtime).

> I thought that the LIB name was supposed to have been changed to
> activemqcpp.dll.

As detailed above, the library name depends on whether you're working with
the static or the dynamic libraries.

Cheers,

Albert