activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checkstyle
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:12:28 GMT
> Hi folks,
>
> We have never really discussed trying to use a single formatting style
> for activemq and camel code.  But I think if we did it would make the
> code easier to read / maintain..  I don't really care much what they
> style is as long as it's consistent.
>
> To that end, I saw that the CXF project has done a good job defining a
> style in a format that check style can use and integrated that with
> maven eclipse and idea.. see:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/etc/
>
> So I'm going to use that style and start trying to get our code to
> adhere to it.  I'm just going to do this for the trunk of camel and
> activemq.  If you guys have objections please let me know.

I think it'll be good to get this done ASAP (though I'd rather not
hold back the ActiveMQ 5.0 release or the Camel 1.1 release - so lets
see how close to the Sun standards we can get ASAP).

Going forward, particularly on ActiveMQ - I'm really looking forward
to having the IDE auto-format everything :)

--
James
-------