activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <>
Subject Re: Checkstyle
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 18:33:21 GMT
Roger.. Just cause I'm lazy and the CXF project did most of the work
of setting up the the rules, I 'm doing the changes based on those
rules which is like 99% of the sun rules.

I have had to relax some of the CXF rules tho.  For example, they flag
declaring local variables that match field variables.  And we tend to
do that allot and I don't consider it bad form at all.

Also we tend to have very long lines.. CXF set the limit at 110, and
after a while of trying to get the IDE to auto-wrap stuff at 110, I
noticed that lots of lines just looked but ugly so I increased that
bit to 200.

I'm almost done with camel-core and it should be committed in a bit.
I'll see if i can finish off the rest of the camel modules tonight.
Then on to amq.

On 8/7/07, James Strachan <> wrote:
> On 8/7/07, Hiram Chirino <> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > We have never really discussed trying to use a single formatting style
> > for activemq and camel code.  But I think if we did it would make the
> > code easier to read / maintain..  I don't really care much what they
> > style is as long as it's consistent.
> >
> > To that end, I saw that the CXF project has done a good job defining a
> > style in a format that check style can use and integrated that with
> > maven eclipse and idea.. see:
> >

> > So I'm going to use that style and start trying to get our code to
> > adhere to it.  I'm just going to do this for the trunk of camel and
> > activemq.  If you guys have objections please let me know.
> I think it'll be good to get this done ASAP (though I'd rather not
> hold back the ActiveMQ 5.0 release or the Camel 1.1 release - so lets
> see how close to the Sun standards we can get ASAP).
> Going forward, particularly on ActiveMQ - I'm really looking forward
> to having the IDE auto-format everything :)
> --
> James
> -------

View raw message