activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink BLOB
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 19:17:38 GMT
On 8/22/07, tom@hostwebase.com <tom@hostwebase.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Let me explain my question more clearly. About the following error:
>
>  ERROR 22001: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink BLOB
> 'XX-RESOLVE-XX' to length 1048576.
>
>   Is there any way we can modify ActiveMQ or Derby database so that we don't
> have data truncate problem ?
>
> Thanks a lot.

It would appear to me that the error indicates that the message size
has exceeded the size limit of a BLOB field in Derby. The best thing
to do is point ActiveMQ at a different database entirely, i.e.,
substitute another database for Derby can handle a larger BLOB size
such as MySQL or PostreSQL as Hiram suggested previously. There are
some docs on this here:

http://activemq.apache.org/jdbc-support.html

The process of changing the ActiveMQ configuration is pretty simple
because the default configuration in conf/activemq.xml provides data
sources for both MySQL and PostgreSQL. All you have to do is uncomment
the one you want and then refer to it by name in the
persistenceAdapter element. There's even a commented out example of
this as well, so just comment out the journaledJDBC element for Derby
and uncomment the one for PostgreSQL. Then uncomment the PostreSQL
datasource and point it to your local PostgreSQL database. Just make
sure that the database is started up and accessible before starting
ActiveMQ.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/