activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Albert Strasheim <full...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When will the version 5.0 release ?
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:51:06 GMT
Hello all

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Rainer Klute wrote:

> Rob Davies schrieb:
> > Hi Rainer - do you have a list of ones you think need to be fixed ?
>
> No, I just had a look at the "Open Issues" on
> <https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ>. 214 major and critical
> issues seem to be quite a lot!

I'm inclined to agree here. Looking at the JIRA summary here:

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ

one sees 51 open issues for 5.0.0 and 166 unscheduled open issues.

Somewhere in there I also have a few "pet" issues that I opened more
than 8 months ago that promptly went forgotten/ignored/idle.

It might be time well spent if one or more of the main developers could
triage these issues and provide some definite resolutions, or assign
them to a specific version, so that everyone can get a clear picture of
what has to happen for 5.0.0 to be completed and what isn't going to
happen in the 5.0.0 timeframe.

Regards,

Albert