activemq-dev mailing list archives

From chago <nab...@visualxs.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ, AJAX and polling timeout value
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 02:02:56 GMT

It appears that the difference lies in the fact that my maven config was
running version 6.1.4 of Jetty, while I was using version 6.1.5 in my IDE
debug session. When I downgraded to Jetty 6.1.4, the call made by the
_amq.js file returned immediately with an empty XML response.

With that said, I'm not sure which is the desired behavior. Perhaps GregW
can weigh in here. I'm not exactly sure why _amq.js is set up to invoke:

new Ajax.Request(amq.uri, {
        method: 'get',
        parameters: 'timeout=0',
        onSuccess: amq._pollHandler
});

Why a hard-coded timeout=0?

Jetty 6.1.5 treats continuation.suspend(0) as an indefinite suspend; at
least until there is a message to send. For some reason in Jetty 6.1.4,
continuation.suspend(0) resumes immediately.

Any light that can be shed on the 'timeout=0' and the differences in how
Jetty handles it would be appreciated.